Sitting down in my favourite spot of our homestead, I can relax, meditate, enjoy what we have in a deeper way.
Today, let me take you on a journey involving what I see, hear, feel from my mountaintop.
What can I hear:
- Birds chirping
- Ducks quacking
- Soft whisper of the wind blowing
- Insects buzzing
- The occasional far distant sound of a car
What can I see:
- Luscious Green hills, filled with clusters of trees and bushes and adorned with herds of cattle
- The far distant horizon where land, silhouettes of mountains and sky meet
- The occasional bird flying above my head
- The sun veiled with a thin layer of cloud
What can I feel:
- Warmth of the sunshine
- The gentle caressing of the wind on my face
In the Bible, there’s a verse that says the following : “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made…(Romans 1:20) King James Version (KJV)
When contemplating the beauty of nature I agree with that verse. I behold the beauty of the Lord through His creation. My heart is overwhelmed with gratitude and thanksgiving.The beauty of nature always brings me closer to its Creator.